Micro season is almost here and so is the hottest 2s brushless whoop quadcopter. Small enough to fly anywhere yet powerful enough to fly just like your full size quads. Don't get stuck with cabin fever this winter, rip packs all throughout the snowy days like you were flying your 5" in an epic bando with the beta75x!
Frsky Receiver Firmware Explanation
BETA75X Frsky reciver is now pre-flashed in EU-LBT firmware or FCC firmware. So you can choose the 2S whoop based on the firmware of your radio controller.
If you are not sure about what firmware you have on your radio controller?
Please check out here on our support page.--27th Septmber 2018
BETA75X Frsky recivers were all pre-flashed in FCC firmware before 27th September.
Thus,if your radio controller uses EU-LBT firmware,you have to flash the firmware of the Frsky receiver to EU-LBT firmware. Otherwise, you can't bind successfully.
For EU-LBT firmware users that has bought Beta75X with FCC firmware for Frsky receiver, you can checkout here to find out how to flash Frsky receiver to EU-LBT firmware.
This is a new era for Whoop drones. 2S Whoop drone has the power to fly real acro, like a larger quad, but is still small enough, safe enough, and quiet enough to fly anywhere. Beta75X and Beta65X. X is for "eXtreme".
In the box:
- 1 * Beta75X BNF 2S XT30 Whoop Quadcopter
- 1 * Spare 40mm 4-blades props (2CW+2CCW)
- 1 * 350mAh 2S XT30 35C-70C battery (Not for PNP version) / 2 * 300mAh 1S Lipo HV batteries (Not for PNP version)
- 1 * Spare Canopy
Find more details about this 2S F4 FC board in another page.
- CPU: STM32F405
- Six-Axis: MPU6000
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, whoop mounting pattern
- Firmware version: Betaflight OMNIBUSF4SD (OBSD) 3.5.0
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Smart Audio port is available for radio control VTX
Find more details about this 2S ESC board in another page.
- Support BLheli/BLHELI_S suite Pass-through ready
- Dshot600 in default
- Input voltage: 2S lipo
- Cotinue current: 6A
- Peak current: 10A
- Firmware: BLHELI_S
- Processor: SILABS EFM8BB21F16G
Z02 AIO Camera VTX
Find more details about this AIO Z02 camera VTX in another page. On the Beta75X, it is the customed version with VTX board and camera board split.
- Output power: 0mW, 25mW and 200mW (Adjustable)
- Smart Audio function is included for radio control
- Antenna: Dipole ANT
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 6 bands 48 channels, with Raceband: 5362~5945MHz
- TV System: NTSC
- Field of view: 100-120 degrees with 1/4 lens
The Beta75X drone comes with "props out" in default. Why we need "props out" direction?
Default Betaflight props direction, quadcopter dips and "washes out" in hard corners. With reversed props or "props out", no more dipping even in hardest cornering.
Know more about "Props Out".
There are 2 choices for the Beta75X battery. For the best performance, we recommend a 2S 300mAh battery with XT30 connector. If you already have many 1S whoop style batteries and want to use them on the Beta75X drone, then we also provide a PH 2.0 option for you. The two 300mAh Lipo HV 1S batteries can be inserted into the slot with the help of an adapter, as seen below.
The AIO camera VTX on the Beta75X is a customed version of Z02. The VTX board and camera board are split and 35 degree camera mount for more fast flying. At the same time, it have all the other function of the Z02 camera, like output power switchable between 0mW, 25mW and 200mW. Smart audio is available for VTX remote control in default.
How to change the frequncy or output power via remont control, please check the manual Smart Audio.
Download the STL file for the camera mount.
1. About the LED at the rear for Beta75X
For the moment, the FC board doesn't support programable LED like WS2812 etc. The LED holder is designed on the frame nowadays. So we will update the FC board on the next version and release the suitable LED board.
Note: there is NO rear LED holder for Beta65X in default.
2. I am interested in connecting an HD camera and DVR, but I don't want to overload the circuit of 5V.
The 5V regulator on the FC board could handle 2A of load. So you could use it for HD camera or DVR board. More details, please check the FC board page.
3. Does this drone have current sensor?
This drone does NOT have a real current sensor. We use the virtual current meter in Betaflight. When properly calibrated, it can be accurate enough to be useful. Here is the pre-calibrated value out of the box.
set current_meter = VIRTUAL
set ibatv_scale = 90
set ibatv_offset = 29
4. How to connect the receiver to the 2S brushless FC?
Please don't forget to plug the battery when you try to connect the connector to the 2S brushless FC. Find out more details in our support page.
5. Cli Dump for different versions of the 2S Whoop are provided in our support page.